As a young black performer in pre-civil-rights America, Jesse Davis learned to persist with his passion and become a successful singer and film actor, performing for Frank Sinatra in his early years, and going on to sing an Academy Award nominated song in the feature film “The Phenomenon of Benji”. Jesse shares just how he overcame early struggles to have an amazing career that spans over 50 years and several continents.
• Film and Television Star, most notably “The Phenomenon Of Benji”
• Recorded “I Feel Love”, Academy Award Nominated Song 1974
• Recording Artist – “Northern Soul” star in Europe
• 55 years performing live Internationally, including United States, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Fiji, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Europe
• Elected to SDAA Heritage Foundation, Hall of Fame, 2008